THE SCI-FI-LONDON TRAILER CUTTING CHALLENGE - In association with eOne Momentum and Fetch Publicity.
The festival asks you each year to make a film or write some science fiction in various competitions, but often looked over is the skilled art of trailer cutting!
So, we have decided to throw another gauntlet down and challenge you to cut the trailer for a new movie coming out next month.
THE FACILITY is a new sci-fi/horror/thriller from British Director, Ian Clark. Made on a small budget but with great flair and professionalism, this movie tells the story of a group of random volunteers who agree to test a new drug called Pro-9.
They think they are in for a boring two-weeks in a remote facility, cut off from the outside world and restricted in their activities - no booze, sex or fags! All seems to be going well until two of them have adverse reactions to Pro-9 and, as one might say, complications arise... very bloody, violent complications!
We want you to cut a trailer for this movie! We have been given a selection of clips and music from the film and want to see how you would tell this story, entice people to see the film and cut an awesome trailer.
The entries will be judged by our amazing panel which includes:
- IAN CLARK (THE FACILITY)
- JOE DANTE (GREMLINS)
- BRANDON CRONENBERG (ANTI-VIRAL)
- ALMAR HAFLIDASON (Fetch PR)
- SCOTT MONAHAN (Entertainment One)
Prizes include a screening of your trailer at the BFI, with Ian Clark in attendance, and a mega-load of Blu-rays from eOne Momentum. You will also be invited to the SCI-FI-LONDON parties and treated like a VIP!
We will also host the trailers on our partners at The Multiverse, the new official YouTube channel for scripted geek entertainment.
So, download all the assets from the links below and get cutting! -
(to download these files we recommend you Right Click and choose "Save file as...")
- The trailer must be between 60-90 seconds.
- The start of the trailer MUST have 5 seconds of black
- The trailer must include the supplied DVD message endcard and an additional titlecard an end screen with the text "#ExposeTheFacility
- The trailer should only be made from the assets and music provided, please do not use any other copyrighted materials.
- By taking part you agree to giving us non-exclusive, worldwide rights to your edit, in perpetuity.
- There is NO fee or charge for entering the Challenge and ALL costs for production and submission must be born by the entrant.
- Anyone affiliated with SFL, or its sponsors, is welcome to participate in the Challenge but will not be eligible for judging.
- Your trailer must be output as an .MP4 file, 1080 or 720px resolution
- Closing date for entries is 29th April 2013, winners will be announced on 4th May at the BFI screening of The Facility.
- The judges' decision is final.
The Official trailer is here - do better than this?